Celebrate National Margarita Day, Tuesday, February 22, at Open Palette and Draft Sports Bar & Lounge, inside Sheraton Dallas Hotel in Downtown Dallas, with a special on their signature OCHRE Margarita for $4 all day long.
Open Palette’s cocktail menu features cocktails that are named after a certain color palette. OCHRE is the name of a color that ranges from yellow to a deep orange or brown, playing to the restaurant’s artsy theme and the hotel’s location in the middle of the arts district.
The bartenders have shared the recipe for the OCHRE Margarita so that anyone can mix it up while cheers-ing to National Margarita Day at home!
OCHRE Margarita Recipe:
- 2 oz of Reposado or Anejo Tequila
- 0.75 oz of Amaro Nonino
- 1 oz of Lime Juice
- 0.5 oz of Agave
- Maldon Smoked Sea Salt
- Fresh Lime Wheel
- Rub a lime wedge around the rim and rub the salt mix onto the glass. Fill the rocks glass with fresh ice, and set aside the glass. Build all of the margarita ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds. Strain into the rocks glass. Garnish with a lime wheel. Enjoy!
Open Palette offers American classics inspired by the hotel’s Dallas roots. There is a wide selection of domestic, imported and local beers as well as wines that are available at Open Palette’s bar. Many cocktails are also on the menu to choose from.
Open Palette Hours:
- Monday- Thursday & Sunday 6 AM to 10 PM
- Friday & Saturday 6 AM to 11 PM
- Happy Hour 4 PM to 5 PM
Drafts Sports Bar & Lounge Hours:
- Monday – Sunday 5 PM to 12 AM