TEQUILA VAULT UNVEILED AT THE RITZ-CARLTON, DALLAS ADDING EXOTIC SPIRITS TO NIGHTLY GUACAMOLOGIST EXPERIENCE
Cache of Rare Tequilas is Curated by Resident Tequilier, Includes $8,000 Patrón en Lalique
The nightly Guacamologist Experience at The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas is taking on a new dimension this week, thanks to the planned unveiling of a one-of-a-kind Tequila Vault on Friday, May 13. A prized trove and showcase of all things agave, the Tequila Vault is located in the hotel lobby and is a cache of rare and coveted spirits, including a prized Patrón en Lalique valued at more than $8,000. Only 100 bottles of Patrón en Lalique were ever produced
Since the hotel’s opening in 2007, a Chef-Guacamologist has made his way into The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas Lobby at 6 p.m. each evening, where he prepares and presents a limited edition of hand-crafted guacamole, enhanced by freshly-selected Texas produce and accompanied by signature margarita tastings. Beginning this Friday, the doors of The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas Tequila Vault will also be opened nightly at 6 p.m., as the Guacamologist Experience introduces an added focus on prized tequilas and tequila education.
The Tequila Vault will showcase treasured agave-based spirits including the Tequila Patrón collection, Fearing’s signature Barrel Select Tequila, a wide array of mezcals (another spirit derived from agave), and more.
- All tequilas and mezcals kept in the Vault will be available to order at the Fearing’s Restaurant Rattlesnake Bar or through tequila servers in the hotel lobby.
- The Tequila Vault is curated by its own CRT-trained specialty bartender. CRT is the regulatory body which oversees tequila production in Mexico, and the newly appointed tequilier is the hotel’s official expert in this fascinating spirit.
- Each month the Vault will showcase a specialty tequila or mezcal cocktail that will be presented each evening during and after the Guacamologist ritual. This monthly specialty cocktail also will be available for purchase throughout the hotel’s dining outlets.
- Once a month a high-profile bartender or spirts expert will be invited to host a specialty tasting of tequila or mezcal, and to create and present new specialty drinks while educating guests of the hotel and of Fearing’s Restaurant.
- The Vault was custom-designed and crafted as homage to the world of agave. The motif on the mirrors of its artisanal front is inspired by the pattern found on a female agave “piña” after it is harvested to be made into tequila.
The Tequila Vault is one of several signature food and beverage offerings of The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas. The hotel is home to Fearing’s Restaurant, which has been ranked the #1 hotel restaurant in the United States.
About The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas
Featuring 218 recently transformed luxury guest rooms and suites, The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas is conveniently located in Uptown Dallas, close to shopping, dining, arts venues, sightseeing, concerts and professional sporting events. The hotel and its signature restaurant, Fearing’s, have both received #1 rankings for North America by the Zagat U.S. Hotels, Resorts and Spas Survey. Ranked the #1 business hotel in north Texas by Travel Leisure magazine and featuring award-winning spa and dining experiences, the hotel is located at 2121 McKinney Avenue, Dallas, TX 75201, and may be reached directly at 214-922-0200. For further information, please visit http://www.ritzcarlton.com/dallas.
About The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, of Chevy Chase, Md., currently operates more than 91 hotels and resorts in the Americas, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and the Caribbean. More than 40 hotel and residential projects are under development around the globe. For more information, or reservations, visit the company web site at www.ritzcarlton.com. The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ).