WINTER ROOFTOP HIDEAWAY OPEN JUST 6 MORE WEEKS
The McKittrick Hotel (530 West 27th Street, NYC), home of Sleep No More, announces the addition of weekend brunch at The Lodge at Gallow Green. The hotel’s winter rooftop hideaway opened for the season back in December, and will introduce Saturday and Sunday brunch service on February 23.
The McKittrick’s perennial rooftop bar Gallow Green undergoes a dramatic transformation each year from whimsical secret garden to cozy mountainside escape. The Lodge at Gallow Green lures guests out of hibernation to discover an indoor-outdoor ski cabin, perched high above the bustling city streets in a secluded forest of pine trees.
Once inside, visitors sit back, relax and warm up with a selection of seasonal hot cocktails, potent handcrafted drinks, and inspired dishes expertly prepared by the hotel’s Executive Chef Pascal Le Seac’h.
Brunch menu highlights:
- Choice of entrée with a basket of breakfast pastries, fresh fruit, and coffee or tea is $35 per person (plus tax, tip and any add-ons).
- Dishes range from light fare such as Kale Caesar Salad, Granola with Greek yogurt & berries, and Avocado Toast on Italian-style Filone – to hearty Eggs Benedict, Norwegian Benedict with smoked salmon, classic English Breakfast, and Chicken & Waffles with southern-style gravy.
- Sides, desserts, and classic Bloody Mary, Mimosa and Bellini brunch cocktails are also available to complement the meal.
Dinner menu highlights:
- Sweet chocolate and savory cheese Fondue, skirt Steak topped with Bordelaise on a bed of charred scallions, Wild Mushroom Ravioli with pesto and watercress, delicate Salmon Crudo and watermelon radishes dressed in yuzu, and house-made bacon, chive and cheese Tater Tots are just a few of the crave-worthy selections.
Seasonal cocktail highlights:
- St. James Ward with apple cider, graham cracker-infused bourbon, cinnamon and ginger, and the Dickensian Smoking Bishop punch with red wine, port, Cognac, cassis, rum, and raisins are served piping hot with sugar, spice and everything nice.
- Sleep No More, a fan favorite blend of pea flower-infused vodka, elderflower and rosé cider, and The Old McKittrick with mezcal, rum, cachaça, sherry, molé and lemon oil, are namesakes inspired by the hotel and its residents. Wine by the glass and bottle, seasonal draft beers from local breweries and bottled ciders are also available.
The Lodge at Gallow Green is a perfect respite from the cold on its own, or before or after a show at The McKittrick. Inspired by rustic Scottish bothies, the cabin comes complete with cozy seating areas, tartan plaid blankets, mysterious train tracks, sleeping bunks and a library of well-worn maps and books. Private nooks invite guests to explore the space.
The McKittrick Hotel is open seven days a week. Located in Chelsea near The High Line, Hudson Yards, Hell’s Kitchen and the Meatpacking District, the venue offers a plethora of entertainment options for tourists and locals alike. From the award-winning immersive spectacle Sleep No More and after-hours jazz speakeasy Manderley Bar, to premier entertainment destination The Club Car, there are endless reasons to visit.
The Lodge at Gallow Green is open for brunch on Saturdays and Sundays from 10am-3pm, or dinner and drinks daily from 5pm (4pm on Saturdays). Reservations are recommended for dinner. The Lodge at Gallow Green is also a unique location for celebrations and private gatherings all winter long.
The Lodge at Gallow Green is located at The McKittrick Hotel at 542 West 27th Street, New York, NY 10001. For additional information, visit www.mckittrickhotel.com or call 212-564-1662.