Most people have no idea about their glassware beyond whether or not they like the pattern or look of them. They don’t know what it took to get to their kitchen, the materials that were used, or whether or not they are environmentally friendly. One company that specializes in providing sustainable glassware wants to change all that, leading people to become more aware of what they are purchasing, and why it matters in the first place.
“When people learn about glass and sustainability efforts, then they really do care about them,” explains Sarah Scott Mitchell, co-owner of Neutrall, a company specializing in sustainable glassware. “It’s important that people have access to the information so they can make informed choices when it comes to purchasing items for their homes. We want to help people make healthier and sustainable choices for their families, and we are doing it one glass at a time.”
The largest exporter of glassware in the world is China. They exported $18 billion worth of glassware in 2020, with much of it landing on store shelves in the United States. While people don’t give it much thought when they are looking at the product, those glasses traveled 11,000 miles to reach the store shelf. Add that to the issue that we don’t know all the regulations in place when creating the glass. Some glassware can be potentially dangerous, having high levels of lead and cadmium that can enter our bodies when drinking out of them.
Those looking for a more sustainable and safer option should consider sustainable glassware that is made in the USA. Companies in the USA are kept to higher safety standards, and the product is already much more environmentally friendly because it’s made closer to home. Here are 5 things to know about sustainable glassware from Neutrall:
- Upcycling. Rather than starting with fresh raw materials, sustainable glass is made through an upcycling process. This is when previously used glass is taken and reused to make something better, sustainable glassware.
- Packaging. Sustainable glassware comes in eco-friendly packaging, so there is zero waste. The packaging is made from recycled materials and can be recycled.
- Carbon offsets. All glassware purchased through Neutrall provides the opportunity to purchase carbon offsets, which guarantees that there is no carbon footprint.
- Durability. The glasses are strong and durable, which ensures that they will last a long time. Sustainable glasses are something that will not need to be replaced for a long time, thus reducing resource usage.
- Commitment. Sustainable glassware helps people keep the commitment they made to be environmentally friendly. It provides a simple way to obtain the items needed, but not create waste in obtaining them.
“Sustainable glassware is a step in the right direction for anyone who wants to be the change in the world,” added co-founder Ernesto Humpierres. “It makes people feel good to know they are doing good, and we are happy to know we help make that possible. We have the most eco-friendly glassware that money can buy.”
Neutrall was created by Mitchell and Humpierres, who live in Austin, Texas, with their young twins. She has devoted her career to conservation, and currently serves as the director for Cook’s Branch Conservancy, where she helps to restore natural ecosystems. Humpierres, who has a career background working in a variety of business settings, also prioritizes conservation and sustainability. Together they wanted to set the example of how conservation and sustainability are compatible with business models. Thus, Neutrall was born.
All Neutrall glassware is made in the USA, upcycled, sustainable, and is shipped in eco-friendly packaging. The first product launched by Neutrall is a set of two upcycled 8-ounce glass cups that are shipped in sustainable packaging. The sturdy and compact glasses are great for morning juices and drinks, and great for small hands. They are great for families, and to give as gifts for weddings and house warmings. Those who sign up to get the company’s free newsletter can save 12% off their purchase. To get more information about Neutrall or place an order, visit the site: https://neutrall.us.
Neutrall is a glassware company offering a product line that is sustainable, eco-friendly, and carbon-neutral. The glasses are completely made from upcycled discarded glass. The company was founded by a career conservationist and business leader, who believe that sustainability can be a part of every business model. The products are all made in the USA, and the company is based in Austin, Texas. To get more information about Neutrall, visit the site: https://neutrall.us.