Chewy Macadamia Nut Cookies
(Makes three dozen)
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Cream the butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer on a medium speed until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, cream of tartar and cinnamon and mix well.
- Stir in the macadamia nuts. Chill for two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat an insulated cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
When preparing bakery items such as cookies, here’s a tip to enhance the flavor intensity of your product: cream the vanilla into the butter or shortening and sugar first. This step encapsulates the vanilla and helps prevent flavor loss in low mass/low moisture/high heat cookies.
About Nielsen-Massey Vanillas
Throughout its more than 100 year history, Nielsen-Massey Vanillas has earned its reputation as a manufacturer of the finest extracts in the world. The full line of Nielsen-Massey’s Pure Vanilla products include: Vanilla Beans and Extracts from Madagascar, Tahiti and Mexico; sugar and alcohol-free Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Powder; Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Bean Paste; Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar, Organic Fairtrade Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract and Organic Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Beans. Nielsen-Massey Vanillas also offers a full line of Pure Flavors: Pure Chocolate Extract, Pure Almond Extract, Pure Orange Extract, Pure Lemon Extract, Pure Coffee Extract, Pure Peppermint Extract, Orange Blossom Water and Rose Water. All Nielsen-Massey products are All-Natural, Allergen-Free, GMO-Free, and certified Kosher and Gluten-Free. The company is headquartered in Waukegan, Illinois, with production facilities in Waukegan and Leeuwarden, The Netherlands.