10 years and 10 locations later, Snappy Salads continues to make a difference
Snappy Salads is reaping the rewards of perseverance and determined growth as it opens its 10th location in 10 years. On Friday, June 10, 2016, the 10th location will open in Plano, Texas at the southeast corner of Parkwood and State Highway 121. This will be Snappy Salads’ second location in Plano, TX and is located in a booming business area that will soon be Toyota’s new North American headquarters.
“Growth is an outcome of doing things right,” noted Chris Dahlander, founder and CEO. “We believe that not only serving our guests transformative salads, but also providing a healthy dose of hospitality in an earth-conscious environment will continue to give us the ability to grow.”
Like other locations, guests will notice what have become Snappy Salads’ standard sustainable business practices. The wood for the long gathering tables and chairs were salvaged from Booker T. Washington School that was built in Gainesville, Texas during the WPA in 1939. The countertops are made by a Dallas-based company from recycled porcelain, beer bottles, and wine bottles. Continuing its commitment to leaving this world better than the way they found it, Snappy Salads offers guests paper straws, corn-based packaging and utensils, and reusable bags for takeout orders.
Snappy Salads celebrated 10 years of serving high quality salads to time-challenged guests on March 17, 2016 (St. Patrick’s Day). Snappy Salads will continue its growth later this summer with an 11th location in The Colony, Texas.
About Snappy Salads
Snappy Salads has become the standard for high-quality salads served quickly in an environmentally friendly manner and earned the first Green Business Certification from the City of Plano, Texas in 2013. Snappy Salads has 10 locations in the Dallas-Fort Worth area including Las Colinas, Southlake, Richardson, Plano, Fort Worth, and Dallas. More information is available at www.snappysalads.com.
About Booker T. Washington School
In 1886, the city of Gainesville built a frame school building for the community’s black youth. Originally known as the Gainesville Colored School, the school adopted the name Booker T. Washington sometime before 1927. The original two-story facility was replaced in 1939 with a red brick, WPA project structure. Desegregation in 1965-66 resulted in the closing of Booker T. Washington as a black institution.