Lunchbox, the trailblazing next-gen enterprise online ordering platform, is pleased to debut its inaugural “Top Women in Food” list. Announced on International Women’s Day, the list recognizes and celebrates 30 pioneering women who are making an indelible mark on the food industry — the very industry Lunchbox is dedicated to empowering.
The curation of this year’s list was spearheaded by a diverse panel of women on the Lunchbox team, including the company’s 40% female leadership staff. Spanning the vast roles that make the food industry tick — from marketing to operations, tech journalists, chefs and beyond — the list serves to celebrate the multifaceted nature of hospitality.
“The pandemic has disproportionately affected women in the workplace and this list was born out of a desire to elevate the women in our industry,” explains Nabeel Alamgir, co-founder and CEO of Lunchbox. “We feel passionately that doing so is a crucial part of rebuilding a better and brighter post-pandemic world. This list serves to emphasize the importance of spotlighting women and normalizing women in leadership roles,” Alamgir continues.
Lunchbox is the fastest growing food-tech startup, having raised $20 million, the largest Series-A funding the industry has ever seen. Further, the innovative and industry-minded company boasts an impressive 740% live revenue growth year over year, 2020 vs. 2019.
Lunchbox’s “Top Women in Food” list features the following women:
- Nyesha Arrington, Chef
- Drew Barrymore, actress and host of “The Drew Barrymore Show”
- Susan Carroll-Boser, Vice President of Technology at White Castle
- Adrienne Cheatham, Chef and Founder SundayBest Pop-Up Series
- Kat Cole, Board Member at HumanCo SPAC
- Pinky Cole, Owner and Founder of Slutty Vegan
- Ayesha Curry, Actress, Cookbook Author and Cooking Television Personality
- Taja Dockendorf, Owner and Creative Director of Pulp + Wire
- Kayla Giovinazzo, CEO of Eat Clean Bro
- Amanda Goetz, Founder of House of Wise and Chief Marketing Officer of Teal
- Helena Hambrecht, Founder of Haus
- Jenn Harris, Senior Food Writer, Video Host and Producer at Los Angeles Times
- Viveka Hulyalkar, CEO and Co-founder of Beam Impact
- Amy Jones-Hom, Vice President of Operations at Sweetgreen
- Alison Kaizer, Head of Talent at Lunchbox
- Leslie Leaf, Chief Customer Officer at Revel Systems
- Nancy Luna, Restaurants Correspondent at Insider
- Krystle Mobayeni, CEO and Co-founder of BentoBox
- Laureen Moyal, Founding Partner and Creative Director at Paperwhite Studio
- Rachael Nemeth, CEO and Co-founder of Opus Training
- Allison Page, Founder and Chief Product Officer of SEVENROOMS
- Rita Patel, Chief Marketing Officer at Buffalo Wild Wings
- Kim and Vanessa Pham, Co-founders of Omsom
- Rachel Rozen, Chief Customer Officer at Lunchbox
- Emmanuelle Skala, Senior Vice President of Customer Success at Toast
- Joanna Stern, Senior Personal Technology Columnist and Executive Editor at The Wall Street Journal
- Catherine Tabor, Founder and CEO of Sparkfly
- Christina Tosi, Founder and CEO of Milk Bar
- Nicole West, Vice President of Digital Strategy & Product at Chipotle
- Jackie Woodward, Chief Marketing Officer of Bojangles
View the “Top Women in Food” list in full at lunchbox.io/30-women-in-food-2021.
Lunchbox is a collection of powerful digital ordering platforms for restaurants dedicated to taking the power away from predatory third-party delivery apps and back into restaurants themselves. Built by restaurateurs for restaurateurs, Lunchbox aims to simplify the solution of omnichannel ordering while empowering restaurateurs through affordability and accessibility. Launched in 2019, Lunchbox gained national recognition for a groundbreaking $20 Million raise and co-founder Nabeel Alamgir is a newly minted Forbes “30 Under 30.” Industry-leading restaurants like Bareburger, Clean Juice and world-famous chef David Chang’s Fuku are already working with Lunchbox to build the best-in-class digital ordering experiences that drive returns and sales, all while providing a solution to problems created by third-party sites. To learn more, visit www.lunchbox.io.