Introducing the Cheesemaker’s Reserve Collection from Saputo Cheese USA Inc. (“Saputo”). Our convenient cheese plate in a box makes crafting the cheese course easy – just cut and plate alongside signature touches like oven-cured tomatoes, stone fruit compote, and toasted nuts – or pair with craft beer and wine.
Specialty cheese is the perfect addition to menus this holiday season. In fact, according The National Restaurant Association’s annual “What’s Hot” culinary forecast 64% of chefs stated that artisan cheese is hot.
The new Cheesemaker’s Reserve Collection contains a variety of both imported and domestic specialty cheese offerings. Our collection makes menuing cheese convenient, with specially packed small wedges that deliver time savings and help to keep operators’ food cost on target. Operators will receive 9 cheeses along with pairing ideas to assist them in building on-trend menu offerings that are unique and delicious. Operators will find the following cheese offerings within their Cheesemaker’s Reserve Collection:
Stella Asiago (Aged 12 months)
- Our Asiago cheese is crafted in the authentic Italian tradition. Slightly sweeter and smoother than Parmesan, our Asiago matures into a sharp, buttery and nutty flavor when aged for 12 months.
Great Midwest White Cheddar & Cranberry
- Fine Wisconsin White Cheddar is blended with the tartness of dried cranberries to create a harmony of flavors and textures – sweet, mellow, creamy, sharp and delicious.
This Italian-style gorgonzola is noticeably creamier with a softer texture than traditional blue cheese. Known for its strong, pungent flavor and distinctive aroma.Stella Gorgonzola (Aged 90 days)
Great Midwest Morel & Leek Jack
- This distinctive small-batch Jack is blended with on-trend flavors that appeal to a wide variety of tastes. Every bite delivers the distinct taste of morel mushroom and sweet and savory leek.
Black Creek Aged Yellow Cheddar (Aged 3 years)
- This artfully aged 3 year old extra sharp Cheddar is characterized by its full, richly sharp flavor and distinctly crumbly texture.
Stella Fontinella (Aged 2 months)
- This one of a kind exclusive cheese is unique to Saputo; it has a distinctive tangy, yet delicately sweet flavor with a hint of sharpness. A semi-soft cheese with a smooth and creamy texture.
- The color of newly fallen snow, this fresh French goat cheese has a mild, tangy flavor with a slightly salty finish.
Salemville Smokehaus Blue (Aged 60 days)
- Slightly sweet, lightly smoky and beautifully veined, this Blue cheese is hand-crafted by the Amish and naturally smoked with Applewood for a complex and robust flavor profile.
El Cortijo Manchego
- This intense tasting sheep’s milk cheese has a crumbly texture that is complex and elegant. The flavors and aromas of Manchego are reminiscent of flowers, nuts and lavender. One of the name controlled cheeses of Spain, Denominación de Origen Protegida, or “D.O.P.,” and production is strictly controlled.
“We are eager to share our Cheesemaker’s Reserve Collection with the foodservice operators,” said Sean Mason, Marketing Manager for Foodservice for the Saputo Cheese Division (USA), “the idea behind the collection is to make it easy for our customers to add specialty cheese courses to the menu while creating an experience that will have diners wanting more.”
For more information about Saputo’s singularly impressive portfolio of Old-World-style cheeses produced domestically and around the world, as well as the history and global impact of this respected and revered family-run business, visit: www.saputousafoodservice.com.
Saputo produces, markets, and distributes a wide array of dairy products of the utmost quality, including cheese, fluid milk, extended shelf-life milk and cream products, cultured products and dairy ingredients. Saputo is one of the top ten dairy processors in the world, the largest in Canada, the third largest in Argentina and among the top three cheese producers in the United States. Our products are sold in more than 40 countries under well-known brand names such as Saputo, Alexis de Portneuf, Armstrong, Baxter, Dairyland, Dragone, DuVillage 1860, Friendship, Frigo Cheese Heads, Great Midwest, King’s Choice, Kingsey, La Paulina, Milk2Go, Neilson, Nutrilait, Ricrem, Salemville, Stella and Treasure Cave. Saputo Inc. is a publicly traded company whose shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “SAP”.