16th Annual Palm Beach Food & Wine Festival Partners with Wine Spectator for Action-Packed Food & Beverage Bash; Grand Tasting Finale Event Will Host Over 60 Wine Tables
The annual Palm Beach Food & Wine Festival (PBFWF), renowned for its culinary excellence and immersive gastronomic experiences, has revealed an enticing four-day lineup of events from December 7 to December 10, 2023. Partnering with Wine Spectator magazine, this year’s festival promises an unparalleled celebration of fine wines, spirits and delectable cuisines, with a new charitable component supporting the Els for Autism Foundation.
Palm Beach Food & Wine Festival is revealing a culinary event with a charitable aspect.
In a culinary spectacle featuring global chefs and personalities, attendees can indulge in live cooking demonstrations, wine tastings, chef-led workshops and exclusive private dinners. The festival’s enhanced lineup of fine wines and spirits, a result of its collaboration with Wine Spectator, elevates each event, showcasing the pinnacle of culinary and oenological craftsmanship.
Embracing a philanthropic spirit, a portion of the festival’s proceeds will contribute to the Els for Autism Foundation, which is dedicated to supporting individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and their families worldwide.
A notable addition to this year’s festivities is the expanded wine program at the Grand Tasting closing event, featuring over 60 wine tables pouring selections exclusively with a prestigious 90+ rating by Wine Spectator. This significant growth reflects the festival’s commitment to providing an exceptional wine experience, far surpassing the offerings of previous years.
Kicking off on December 7, the PBFWF will not only grace the hottest venues in the Palm Beaches but will also venture into Boca Raton for the first time, expanding its reach and enchanting culinary enthusiasts.
The grand culmination awaits on December 10 with the beloved Grand Tasting at the Palm Beach County Convention Center, promising a sensory journey through the finest in food, wine, and charitable giving.
For those hungering for specifics, here is a listing of the events for this year’s festival:
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 7
The four-day festival kicks off with six individual, multi-course sit-down dinners throughout Palm Beach County all beginning at 7 p.m.
- SUSTAIN — The five-course seated dinner with wine pairings features ingredients caught by local fishermen. The collaborative dinner focusing on sustainable seafood will be held at PB CATCH Seafood & Raw Bar and includes the work from guest chefs Valerie Chang, Ashley Christensen and Sarah Grueneberg and is hosted by Kevin Sawyer. SOLD OUT.
- THE FIRST BITE — The four-course seated dinner with wine pairings features host chef Clay Conley and visiting chefs Joe Flamm, Stephanie Izard, and Ken Oringer at the Buccan kitchen. They’ll serve a family-style meal with premier wine pairings. $275 per person.
- AN EVENING WITH ROBERT IRVINE featuring Irvine’s Spirits — A selection of cocktails featuring Irvine’s Spirits paired with a tantalizing walk-around reception will take place at Okeechobee Prime Event Hall, with owner Ralph Lewis being joined by celebrity guest chef Robert Irvine. $100 from each ticket purchased will be donated to the Robert Irvine Foundation. $275 per person.
- SPICE — Co-hosts Pushkar Marathe and BootlegGreg are joined by guest chefs Tiffani Faison, Cheetie Kumar and Dean Max for this bold evening of cultural influences. $275 per person.
- DINNER AT OCEANO KITCHEN — Taking place at the charming location in Lantana, chef-owners Jeremy and Cindy Bearman team up with guest chef Jonathon Sawyer to create a menu that pays homage to their impressive resumes. $275 per person.
- DINNER AT FLORIE’S — The five-course seated dinner with specially selected wine pairings hosted by Florie’s chef de cuisine Nino La Spina at the Four Seasons Resort in Palm Beach features sophisticated fare centering on the restaurant’s live-fire kitchen. $275 per person.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 8
Three PBFWF signature lunch events will bring together culinary connoisseurs, followed by a special cocktail, three dinner events, the lively Festival Kickoff Party at The Boca Raton, and the return of An Evening at The Breakers.
- LUNCH WITH FRIENDS — Start the weekend early at Meat Market with guest chefs Maneet Chauhan, Antonia Lofaso and Ken Oringer and host chef Sean Brasel for this lunchtime feast featuring a four-course seated lunch with included wine pairings. $225 per person.
- LUNCH AT AVOCADO GRILL — Go beyond the border with host chef Julien Gremaud and guest chefs Giorgio Rapicavoli, Jordan Rubin and Stephen Stryjewski. The foursome serves dishes highlighting untraditional ingredients alongside phenomenal wine pairings. $195 per person.
- LUNCH WITH FRANK AND THE FORGIONES — Host chef Frank Eucalitto welcomes back an iconic trio — guest chefs Marc Forgione, Larry Forgione and Bryan Forgione — to Café Chardonnay to prepare a truly authentic Italian four-course lunch. $175 per person.
- SUNSET & SWIRLS, A PROGRESSIVE WINE TASTING — Taking place at the glamorous Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa, this event features a distinguished wine expert guiding guests on a tasteful tour of four distinctive wines while elaborating on the secrets behind each winery and what makes the perfect pairing. $195 per person.
- SHABBAT DINNER — Chef Michael Hackman welcomes guest chefs Zach Engel, Lior Lev Sercarz and Alon Shaya for the second annual Shabbat dinner including traditional but not strictly Kosher dishes that are elevated by the chefs and beautifully paired with wine. $275 per person.
- **New Event** A DINNER AT COOLINARY — Guests will join celebrated chefs Ben Ford, Jonathon Sawyer and Alex Seidel with host chef Tim Lipman for a dinner that celebrates great food and excellent wines. $275 per person.
- **New Event** THE FOUNDER’S DINNER — Marcello’s La Sirena’s Wine Spectator Grand Award is front and center as host chef Marcello Fiorentino welcomes long-time friend and chef Daniel Boulud for an intimate dining experience featuring exceptional wines. $350 per person.
- **New Event** FESTIVAL KICK-OFF PARTY presented by Cheney Brothers — For the first time, the festival expands to the Boca Raton area in partnership with The Boca Raton, where ticket holders can expect a beautiful display of food, wine and spirits, prepared by executive chef Andrew Roenbeck and his team, along with an array of culinary options by guest chefs Lindsay Autry, Valerie Chang, Clay Conley, Duff Goldman, Sarah Grueneberg and Beau MacMillan. $275 per person.
- **New Event** AN EVENING AT THE BREAKERS —Back after a four-year hiatus, this dazzling event hosted along the Beach Club’s poolside terrace features an exciting collection of food and beverages from the resort’s exclusive dining outlets while The Breakers’ executive chef Anthony Sicignano alongside Master Sommelier Virginia Philip welcome guests to sip on delicious wines from their celebrated Wine Spectator Grand Award collection. $275 per person.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 9
Day 3 of the festival offers a schedule filled with fun, food, and learning, including wine tastings, a cocktail workshop, kids’ cooking sessions, as well as not-to-be-missed lunches, and an afternoon rosé extravaganza topped off by the evening’s ravishing smoky-sweet barbecue event.
- KIDS KITCHEN presented by Kroger Delivery — Kids roll up their sleeves and get messy in the Four Seasons Resort’s kitchen with chefs Robert Irvine and Duff Goldman, who will lead groups through two sessions (8:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.) of 60-minute cooking classes. Kids will receive an apron, chef’s hat, and finished dishes. Limit one parent per child. $50 per child, includes one parent.
- MASTER TASTE — Explore the world of wine through the eyes of Master Sommelier Virginia Philip of Virginia Philip Wine Spirits & Academy, as she offers insight into select wines’ color, aromas, flavors and acidity. $195 per person.
- **New Event** BRUNCH AT LA GOULUE — Hosted by La Goulue executive chef Gwen Le Pape with featured chefs Michelle Bernstein and Ben Ford, guests can indulge in the extravagant four-course brunch prepared by this trio of South Florida’s top culinary talent. $195 per person.
- LUNCH AT ELA — Host chef Pushkar Marathe welcomes guest chefs Maneet Chauhan and Cheetie Kumar as they converge at the popular Ela Curry Kitchen to bring authentic and traditional Indian dishes. $195 per person.
- CRAFTING COCKTAILS: A MIXOLOGY CLASS — This year’s two-session workshop (11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.) is led by Coolinary Café’s Tim Lipman and The Parched Pig’s Jordan Rubin who will guide guests in creating two cocktails to celebrate the winter holidays in a festive and delicious way. Light, seasonal bites will also be served. $125 per person.
- CHILLIN’ N’ GRILLIN’ — This fan-favorite event is hosted by Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa’s executive chef Niell Bailey and features cocktails and food stations replete with mouthwatering grilled dishes by guest chefs Ashley Christensen, Tiffani Faison, Joe Flamm, Marc, Larry and Bryan Forgione, Mason Hereford, Stephanie Izard, Antonia Lofaso, Beau MacMillan, Tony Mantuano and Alon Shaya. $225 per person.
- **New Event** ROSÉ PARTÉ —The Festival introduces a new and fun way to “rosé all day,” where chef Jason Weiner of Almond Palm Beach invites guest chefs Timon Balloo, Zach Engel, Lior Lev Sercarz and Alex Seidel into his kitchen to prepare tasty bites while guests enjoy sipping on delicious varieties of rosés. $195 per person.
- **New Event** PORCH BBQ — Join Ravish Off Ocean for music, cocktails and the finest barbecue to grace the South fired up by pitmasters and chefs Matt Abdoo of Pig Beach, Ralph Lewis of Okeechobee Prime BBQ, Stephen Stryjewski of Cochon New Orleans and Ravish’s Johnny DeMartini. $195 per person.
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 10
What better way to end the festivities than with a roster of the festival’s most anticipated annual events including two unforgettable brunch experiences and the always popular PBFWF Grand Tasting, where attendees can eat, drink, and socialize to their heart’s content.
- DANIEL & FRIENDS — This epically delicious walk-around brunch serves up everyone’s morning favorites cleverly paired with inventive cocktails to add to the flavorful fun for its 12th Set up spaciously at Café Boulud, the popular brunch is hosted by its namesake renowned chef Daniel Boulud with Dieter Samijn and Julie Franceschini. $225 per person.
- REAL FOOD REVOLUTION — Hosted by chef Tim Lipman of Coolinary and featuring guest chefs Michelle Bernstein and Mason Hereford, this Sunday event gives guests what they need to fuel up for the day: fresh-brewed coffee and innovative brunch offerings that delight the senses. $195 per person.
- GRAND TASTING presented by The Palm Beaches — Head to the Palm Beach County Convention Center from 2 to 6 p.m. for food stations serving plentiful dishes and dessert samplings from dozens of South Florida’s best restaurants as well as wine and spirit tastings from distributors, vineyards and more. The afternoon culminates in the Grand Chef Throwdown, where hosts Mo & Sally and Jay Cashmere, welcome three local chefs as they compete for the $10,000 local charity prize presented by Creekstone Farms. This year’s competition will be judged by celebrity chefs Maneet Chauhan and Robert Irvine. $135 per person, early bird price until September 30th/ $195 per person after that date
Several ticket options are available for purchase online at pbfoodwinefest.com, which also offers additional details about individual events and participating chefs. For daily updates, you can follow the festival on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook @pbfoodwinefest so you can enjoy the tasty revelry no matter where you happen to be.
Merilee Kern, MBA is an internationally-regarded brand strategist and analyst who reports on cultural shifts and trends as well as noteworthy industry change makers, movers, shakers and innovators across all categories, both B2C and B2B. This includes field experts and thought leaders, brands, products, services, destinations and events. Merilee is Founder, Executive Editor and Producer of “The Luxe List” as well as Host of the “Savvy Living” lifestyle TV show that airs in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami, Atlanta and other major markets on CBS, FOX and other top networks; as well as the “Savvy Ventures” business TV show that airs nationally on FOX Business TV and Bloomberg TV. Merilee also hosts the Savvy Ventures Podcast & Radio show available globally on W4CY Radio—the #1 ranked live streaming radio station—among others as well as all major podcast platforms, including Pandora, Audible, Spotify, Amazon Music, Apple Podcasts, Streamyard, iHeart Radio and dozens more. As a prolific lifestyle, travel, dining and leisure industry voice of authority and tastemaker, Merilee keeps her finger on the pulse of the marketplace in search of new and innovative must-haves and exemplary experiences at all price points, from the affordable to the extreme. Her work reaches multi-millions worldwide via broadcast TV (her own shows and copious others on which she appears) as well as a myriad of print and online publications. Connect with her at www.TheLuxeList.com and www.SavvyLiving.tv / Instagram www.Instagram.com/MerileeKern / Twitter www.Twitter.com/MerileeKern / Facebook www.Facebook.com/MerileeKernOfficial / LinkedIN www.LinkedIn.com/in/MerileeKern.
***Some or all of the accommodations(s), experience(s), item(s) and/or service(s) detailed above may have been provided or arranged at no cost to accommodate if this is review editorial, but all opinions expressed are entirely those of Merilee Kern and have not been influenced in any way.***